Wisecart Refund and Return Policy
Updated on December 1, 2021
1. Return/Refund Application
According to Wisecart Refund and Return Policy and Wisecart Merchant Service Terms, buyers can apply for product return and/or refund services before the expiration of the Wisecart guarantee period specified in the terms.
2. Buyer’s Rights
- i) The buyer enjoys a 15-day return protection period after the receipt of products according to the law and can apply for return and exchange under the following circumstances:
- The received products are incomplete (some of the products or accessories are missing);
- The products the seller delivered to the buyer do not conform to the agreed specifications (for example, the sizes and colors of the products are wrong, etc.);
- The products delivered to the buyer are significantly different from the description provided by the seller in the inventory list;
- The products received are physically damaged (for example, there are dents or scratches on products or the products are broken);
- There is a problem with the received products (for example, the products are malfunctioning and do not run as expected);
- The buyer has reached an agreement with the seller. If so, the seller must send a confirmation letter to Wisecart official to confirm such agreement;
- The buyer has changed his/her mind and doesn’t want the products anymore (the buyer must ensure that the product is intact).
- ii) The buyer cannot apply for a refund under the following circumstances:
- The prices of the purchased products depend on fluctuations in the financial market, which cannot be controlled by the seller and may occur within the withdrawal period;
- The products are provided in accordance with the specifications designated by the buyer or otherwise obviously personalized;
- The products are liable to easily deteriorate or rapidly expire;
- The products are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons and were unsealed after delivery;
- The products, according to their nature, are inseparably mixed with other products after delivery;
- The alcoholic beverages, the price of which has been agreed upon at the time of the conclusion of the sales contract, the delivery of which can only take place after 30 days and the actual value of which depends on fluctuations in the market, which cannot be controlled by the seller;
- Sealed audio or video recordings or computer software which was unsealed after delivery;
- Newspapers, periodicals, or magazines, and with the exception of subscription contracts for the supply of such publications;
- Accommodation other than for residential purpose, the transport of products, car rental services, catering, or other services related to leisure activities and the contract stipulates a specific date or period of contract fulfillment;
- Digital content which is supplied on an intangible medium and the contract fulfillment has begun with the buyer’s prior express consent and his/her acknowledgment that he/she thereby loses his/her right of withdrawal.
Special promotional products are subject to separate agreements.
Please note that the buyer must return each product to the seller without undue delay and in any case no later than 14 days from the date the buyer communicates the decision to cancel the order. The buyer will be liable and not entitled to request the seller to refund any value reduction caused by the handling of the products.
If the buyer has begun to take legal action against the seller, the buyer needs to provide Wisecart with a formal notice from the relevant authorities, requiring Wisecart to continue to hold the purchase money until a formal decision is obtained. Wisecart will decide whether it is necessary to continue to hold such purchase money.
3. Seller’s Rights
Wisecart will notify the seller when receiving the buyer’s return and/or refund application. The seller can respond to the buyer’s application according to the steps provided by Wisecart in the written notice. The seller must respond within the time period specified in the written notice (the “specified time period”). If Wisecart does not receive the seller’s message within the specified time period, Wisecart will assume that the seller has not responded to the buyer’s application (no objection), and will continue to assist the buyer in the return/refund application without prior notice to the seller.
Wisecart will review the response of each seller on a case-by-case basis, and determine whether the buyer’s application is successful or not based on the buyer’s mentioned situations.
4. Return Conditions
In order to enjoy a hassle-free experience when returning the product, the buyer should ensure that the product, including any free products, such as the accessories attached to the product, must be returned to the seller in the state the buyer received at the time of delivery (the time of signing for receipt). Therefore, the returned product must be brand new, unworn, and intact. Second-hand products must not have any additional damage or traces of use. We suggest that the buyer take photos after receiving the product.
5. Accountability of the Delivery Fees of Returned Products
- i) If an unforeseen error happened to the products on account of the seller (for example, delivering damaged, defective or wrong products to the buyer), the seller will bear the buyer’s return delivery fees.
- ii) In the event that the buyer changes his/her mind, the buyer shall obtain the seller’s consent before submitting a return request, and the buyer shall bear the return delivery fees.
iii) In the event of a dispute between the buyer and seller on the accountability for the return delivery fees, Wisecart will determine the party responsible for the return delivery fees.
6. Refund and Disputes
- i) Generally, for the order that the buyer has initiated a refund application but the seller has already sent out the products, the order’s amount will be refunded to the buyer after Wisecart has received the seller’s confirmation on the receipt of the returned products.
- ii) When Wisecart receives the refund and dispute settlement request initiated by a user, Wisecart will negotiate and handle transaction issues for the buyer and the seller based on the actual situation. If Wisecart does not receive the buyer or the seller’s message within the specified time period, Wisecart will have the right to determine the accountabilities of both parties and refund the money to the buyer or cancel the dispute without prior notice to the buyer or seller. The specified time period is usually 3 working days.
7. Communications Between the Seller and the Buyer
Wisecart encourages its users (buyers and sellers) to communicate with each other when there is an issue of transaction. Since Wisecart is a platform for users to conduct transactions, buyers should contact the sellers directly to solve any problems related to the purchased products.
Wisecart Logistics Terms and Conditions
This article focuses on logistics rules.
Chapter 1 Basic Obligations of Sellers
Article 1 Sellers shall comply with the Wisecart product release rules of various categories; it is prohibited to publish restricted products or information. For details, please refer to the Wisecart Restricted Products.
Article 2 Sellers shall abide by the management principle of good faith, fulfill order requirements in a timely manner, fulfill service promises, etc., and shall not engage in dishonest behaviors such as false transactions, false deliveries, and mismatching of description and products. For details, please refer to transaction-related rules.
Article 3 Sellers shall protect consumers’ right to know and fulfill the obligation of information disclosure. Publishing products with true descriptions, including but not limited to all descriptions in the channels provided by the platform such as product description pages, store pages, LiveChat, etc., and providing buyers with true and complete descriptions of the products and services, including but not limited to the methods and prices of logistics, after-sales, insurance, and other services, and the basic attributes, functions, packaging, colors, and prices of products, etc. The sellers should not provide false or misleading descriptions. The prohibited behaviors include but are not limited to the following:
- Releasing misleading discounts. Increasing the original price of a product before the start of the promotion, and then selling the product at a discount while exaggerating the value of the discount to induce buyers to consume.
- Releasing unreasonable or false prices. Including but not limited to setting a product price that is too high or too low without actually selling this kind of product to attract attention; bidding up prices during special periods and disrupting the market; setting a variety of reference prices without clarifying the meaning of the prices; displaying a false original price in sales promotion and the displayed original price does not exist or there has never been a transaction record for it.
- Releasing false promotion period and product value when carrying out promotional price activities, such as limited-time price reductions and discounts. Using false expressions such as “last day” and “only today” or other deceptive and misleading languages, text, pictures, etc. to induce buyers.
- When selling products or providing services with non-price gifts or bundling, do not indicate the true price, product name, and quantity of the gifts or the gifts are fake and inferior products.
Chapter 2 Basic Obligations of Buyers
Article 1 Buyers shall comply with the relevant performance agreement of the platform and provide complete and accurate receipt information.
Chapter 3 Logistics Fulfillment Rules
Article 1 Logistics Delivery
(1) Based on the logistics policy of the platform, the seller can independently choose the logistics delivery service and decide to sell the products by free shipping or not. If it is the non-free-shipping mode that the buyer bears the delivery fees, the seller should disclose to the buyer the relevant information of the logistics service accurately and comprehensively, including but not limited to the logistics service fee charged by the seller to the buyer, and the additional logistics fees charged by the offline logistics service provider designated by the seller (such as logistics service fees, tariffs, VAT, etc.), etc. If the seller fails to accurately disclose the relevant information of the logistics service to the buyer in accordance with the aforementioned rules and the buyer initiates a dispute settlement request, the buyer has the right to cancel the transaction, and the seller shall bear the full cost of the part that has not been truthfully notified.
(2) Wisecart currently suggests sellers adopt the free shipping mode.
(3) The logistics service provider and logistics tracking number the sellers filled in in the delivery release must be complete, true, accurate, and can be queried.
(4) In order to ensure business order and buyers’ experience, Wisecart requires sellers to choose appropriate logistics channels for shipments to avoid overtime delivery. In addition, the unified send-out time is T+2 working days, and the products shall be sent out within two days by default on Wisecart. Please arrange the delivery in a timely manner. The requirements of logistics timeliness are:
- For direct shipping from China (cross-border direct shipping): sellers must fill in the logistics order number on the platform within T+2 working days, and 90% of the orders will be delivered to Germany or Spain within 12 days;
- For delivery from the European local warehouse: sellers must fill in the last-mile delivery order number on the platform within T+2 working days, and 90% of the orders will be delivered within 3-5 working days.
(5) The buyer is not allowed to modify the address after the seller sends out the products;